Pasta is 100% my favorite carb and shrimp is my favorite seafood. With an abundance of olive oil, garlic, and fresh picked lemons in my fridge, I figured I basically had to make shrimp scampi. I found super cool pasta at Trader Joe’s and whipped up this meal in less than 10 minutes after work today.
BEST FOR- days you want a yummy & hearty seafood pasta in under 10 minutes with minimal effort. Literally all you need to be able to do is boil water, stir shrimp in a pan, and entertain yourself for a few minutes.
MUSICAL PAIRING- “Let’s Be Still” by The Head and the Heart
- 1.5 lbs large shrimp, peeled, devined, and defrosted
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large lemons
- 2 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt & pepper
- pasta (highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Garlic Basil)
- Put olive oil in a large frying pan. After it heats up (approximately one minute) add the minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant (about 1-2 more minutes). Simultaneously on another burner, bring water to a boil in a large pan.
- Add the fresh shrimp to the frying pan. Then, squeeze the juice of two of the lemons onto the shrimp in the pan. Leave uncovered and stir, for 5-7 minutes. Simultaneously, cook pasta. If you choose the Trader Joe’s pasta it only takes 4 minutes to cook.
- Chop parsley and cut the remaining lemon into pieces to squeeze on individual plates.
- Serve and Enjoy!