Do you ever have too much of an herb left over? Me too. Time to put them to good use. I also had an excess of lemons (I know, is there such thing?) so I decided to put two and two together into a dressing. I’ll admit, my expectations were mediocre at best … and this recipe blew them out of the water!It’s quick, easy, and makes a shockingly vibrant and flavorful dressing.
Best For- A flavorful dressing to brighten up even the saddest of salads.
Musical Pairing – “This Life” by Vampire Weekend
Makes 5-6 servings.
- 2 small lemons, squeezed (~1 tbs juice)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Total time – 5 min
- Put all ingredients in your choice of blender (I used an immersion blender- a normal blender or magic bullet would also work) and blend together until relatively uniform. We’re looking for minimal basil chunks (see photo for reference). You’re done!
- Enjoy for up to a week in the fridge.
- Also— not a step, but please wash and dry your basil. You don’t know where it’s been since the ground and your tummy and immune system will thank you!
One reply on “Lemon Basil Salad Dressing”
[…] Note: This does not include the dressing ingredients (which are very basic- recipe here) […]