I have been on a quest for the perfect miso tahini sauce. I find many recipes are too biting with too strong a tahini aftertaste. Not this one. With the chilly weather, I’ve found myself craving different bowl variations after work that are quick and easy but healthy and filling. Once you make the miso tahini sauce you can put it on anything you have in your fridge— so use this recipe as a guide but feel free to swap out your veggies, tofu, or grains.
Best for: Asian-inspired weeknight dinners when you want to use up the winter veggies in your fridge!
Musical Pairing: “You Worry Me” by Nathaniel Ratecliff & The Night Sweats
Serves 2-3, depending on appetites
For the Miso Tahini Sauce-
- 3 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs white miso paste
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 small lemon, juices (~1 tbs)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs Greek yogurt – optional
- 3 tbs water (more depending on desired thinness)
- pinch of salt
For the Veggies-
- 2 small Japanese sweet potatoes
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts, sliced in thirds
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs Curry powder
- 1 cup of uncooked preferred grain (I used faro)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is preheating, press the tofu for about 10 minutes. Prep your veggies- chop sweet potatoes and Brussels into bite size pieces and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Do this individually- they will not go in the oven at the same time.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil. Place the sweet potatoes on the tray, then cut tofu in small squares, toss with 1 tbs oil and curry powder, and place alongside sweet potato. Roast the tofu and the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
- For me, this was the correct time to boil my water for my faro which needed to cook for 20 minutes. You can make a call according to the cooking directions on your preferred grain.
- After 10 minutes, add the Brussels sprouts to the baking tray. Roast all for an additional 30 minutes.
- While baking, prepare the dressing. Using an immersion blender, food processor, or magic bullet, mix all ingredients together. If the dressing is not as thin as you’d like, add another tbs of water. Set aside.
- Once your grains and veggies are done, it’s time to plate. Put grains, then veggies, then tofu in a bowl and drizzle with your miso tahini sauce. Enjoy!
One reply on “Miso Tahini Tofu Bowls”
[…] Once your sweet potato is in, cook your preferred grain according to instructions. My farro took about 20 minutes so this was the right time for me. You’re going to have extra – save for future meals (such as this or this). […]