No burrata left behind my friends! My other dollop of burrata from my Easter Burrata, Melon, and Prosciutto Salad was about to expire, so I threw it over some deceptively healthy noodles (thank you Barilla Protein Plus) and made Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with a burrata & roasted tomato twist. 11/10 recommend!
- 2 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt & pepper
- 1 box spaghetti (I use Barilla Protein+)
- 1/2 cup olive oil + extra for drizzling
- 8 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper + more for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced (if dried- just a sprinkle)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 1 scoop of burrata
- Preheat oven to 375F. Halve your tomatoes, place on lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 min.
- Once in, cook pasta as per instructions, but save 1.5 cups of the pasta water before draining the noodles.
- While your pasta is boiling, prep your garlic then heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pot. Size matters – your pasta will end up in here.
- Add garlic and stir frequently. Once it starts to brown (~2 min), add the red chili flakes. After 30 seconds, add the saved pasta water and bring to a boil. Once boiled, lower to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain your pasta and add into the garlic pot. Toss, them remove from heat. Sprinkle in parsley and parmesan. Let it sit for 5 min before topping with the burrata and tomatoes. Enjoy, my friends!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below: