Monday. A time to restart. No better way than with this white bean salad my best friend’s mom taught me. It’s incredible alone, atop greens, or as a side to chicken or fish. Best part? It takes maybe 5 minutes to make.
- 1 can white beans, washed & drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
A note on ingredients, they’re a bit customizable. Any white bean will be fine: cannellini, white kidney, great northern, etc. Same with tomatoes. I had cherry on hand, but grape or a larger, diced tomato would work too!
- Do your prep first. Wash and drain the beans, dice your onion, halve the tomatoes, and chop the parsley.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below:
One reply on “White Bean Salad”
[…] I am obsessed with white bean salad. The mom of one of my childhood best friends introduced the concept to me, and it went on to make up 90% of my meals senior year of college (you think I’m kidding, but poll my roommates). So, when I found Trader Joe’s suddenly stocked a Za’atar seasoning blend, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to put a new twist on one of my tried and true classics. […]