Is it just me or does it feel like summer? It’s May and here in Northern California we are getting some much needed sunshine replacing the marine later to lighten things up a bit. Time to match it on the food side. This cucumber and grapefruit serves up perfectly refreshing summertime vibes and is great alone or paired with some grilled chicken or shrimp. Enjoy al fresco my friends!
For the salad-
- 1 grapefruit, sliced and cut away from skin
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half moons
- Sprinkle of feta cheese
- 1 large piece smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/8 red onion, slivered
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Optional- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
For the dressing-
- 1 tbs avocado (or olive) oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Prep first! Cut your grapefruit into wedges, then the wedges cut away from skin (or peel it but I find that so tedious). Slice your cucumber and lemon. Juice your lemon. Chop your parsley.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Put all other ingredients in a large one, and drizzle dressing on top. Enjoy!
What am I listening to ask I make this? “Rock Your Baby” by George McCrea
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below: