Who says caesar has to be salad? Wrap up your leftovers from my last post, add some chicken and tomatoes, and enjoy! Haven’t made my lightened up caesar with crispy chickpea “croutons” yet? No problem. This recipe will just take about 5 more minutes to assemble the caesar dressing.
Ingredients (2 wraps):
- 2 tortillas (the Trader Joe’s whole wheat olive oil wraps, specifically- you won’t be sorry)
- Handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful of preferred greens (I did romaine and kale blend)
- 1 chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp of paprika and cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 tbs olive oil caesar dressing (takes minutes to make- recipe here)
- Optional- dusting of Parmesan cheese
- Assemble tomatoes, greens, dressing, and cheese (if using) in bowl
- Dry rub chicken breast with paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper, then cook in pan on stove. Cut into bites and throw into bowl with other ingredients.
- Optional- heat up tortillas in pan for a minute on each side to warm.
- Scoop ingredients in the middle of your tortilla, wrap it up like a burrito, and enjoy!
Note– I am a HORRIBLE wrapper (my dad told me to go to Chipotle when they open to watch and learn) so I truly just embraced my messy, poorly wrapped wraps and ate the bites that fell as a salad. Not a bad call!
What am I listening to as I make this? “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” by Martin Gaye
What if I want an easy lunch but not this one?
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below: