Ever tried olives in your breakfast tacos? Me neither, but I’ve lost count of the weeks it has been since I went out for brunch, so I’m starting to get a bit crafty. TG for us both— these turned out great! Mediterranean breakfast taco recipe below.
(Makes 4 tacos)
- 4 tortillas (small)
- 4 eggs
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of kalamata olives, halved
- Cooking oil for pan
- Dusting of feta cheese
- Cook 4 eggs to your liking (e.g. I like medium hard, my dad borderline raw).
- While the eggs are cooking, warm your tortillas in a large pan or the microwave (20 second max).
- When the eggs are done, transfer onto tortillas. Keeping the pan warm, sauté the tomatoes and kalamata olives until the tomatoes start to shrivel. Place on top of eggs with feta and enjoy!
I like my egg to tortilla ratio 1:1. If you would like to make more eggs or more tacos, simply add on to the ingredients in this fashion. So, say three people are eating, I would make 6 eggs and 6 tortillas, with a handful and a half of tomatoes and olives respectively.
Want another recipe from mini Mediterranean week? Try one of these below!
Want more Carmel Kama’aina content? Follow me on Instagram. All my latest recipes, poems, and behind the scenes tricks are published first on Instagram. Sneak a peek below: