I have developed quite the ice cream addiction in quarantine. Not that I didn’t like ice cream before, but I thought of it as a fun treat I’d get out at an ice cream shop. Now, if I’d have my way, I’d buy a pint with every grocery store run so that I could have a mug full after dinner (anyone else think mug > bowl for at home ice cream??). In the best interest of my health, I have been making a conscious effort not to encourage this into a permanent habit, which led me to researching healthier alternatives. Enter: Greek yogurt bark. This recipe is super customizable, so use below as your base and customize to your wildest imagination with your toppings!
(Makes 1 baking sheet of bark)
- 2 cups 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbs coconut shavings (unsweetened)
- 1.5 tbs honey (to mix in) + more to drizzle once frozen
- 1 tbs chocolate chips
- 2 large strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs almonds, roughly chopped
- Pour 2 cups of yogurt mixed with 1.5 tbs honey in a parchment paper lined Pyrex or baking sheet. The shape doesn’t really matter and is more personal preference of how thick you want the bark to be (e.g. in a Pyrex they will be more of “bars” whereas on a baking sheet they will be more “bark).
- Drizzle with chocolate chips, strawberries, almonds and coconut shavings.
- Freeze for several hours till solid, then top with additional honey to taste. Enjoy!
What am I listening to as I make this? “Happy Man” by Jungle
What if I want an healthier dessert but not this one? Don’t worry, I have you covered. Check these out below!
What about 3-4 recipes weekly with corresponding grocery lists weekly? Sign up for the Carmel Kama’aina weekly blast: