Pat’s Famous Pesto
So your first question is likely, who is Pat? Pat is my boyfriend’s father. And he’s a great chef. Hopefully one day more of his recipes will grace this blog.
Today, let’s try his pesto. It’s quick, east, and infinitely cheaper thanks to its lack of pine nuts. Don’t worry— you won’t miss them!
Best for- A cheap, easy, and delicious weeknight pesto.
Musical Pairing- “Love and Happiness” by Al Green
- 2 bunches of Fresh basil, picked off stems
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs lemon juice (~1 small lemon)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Food processor or blender
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Cheese grater
- I’d recommend starting by picking the basil leaves off the stem. Next, put all your ingredients a food processor, blender, magic bullet, etc.
- Check the consistency, and add more olive oil if needed. You’re done!
One reply on “Pat’s Famous Pesto”
[…] we made this with a homemade pesto, which, keeping on theme was also quick and easy (and […]